2.04.2009

Worship Fool

Here I sit on a Wednesday afternoon, throat hurting and sinuses aching, waiting for the weekend because Future of Forestry is coming to town and they are leading worship in my stead this weekend. "Gazing" brought me to tears last night as I was listening to the set list for this weekend's services. It got me thinking...

In all of God's creation, I am created as the epitome of it all. No other thing in all of creation was gi
ven as much power, thought, energy, time, consideration, likeness, and potential sin as I. God in all of his wisdom thought it the very best thing to create me in his image knowing full well that I come with baggage. A life full of sin. A life full of questions. A life full of annoyance for lack of a better excuse. And still He chose to love me and put me above everything else in creation.

What a foolish, benevolent King! (If only I were that foolish...)

1 Corinthians 1:25 says
, "For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."

What if we began to act in godly foolishness? What if we began to worship with a holy, foolish abandon? What if...
I'm tired of asking the "what if" questions. As if that ever prompted anyone to make a choice one way or another. As for me, I'm going to do my best to step outside my "foolish" comfort zone and try to present myself to God in the most foolish way possible. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait until this weekend! We will be worshiping with Eric Owyoung and the boys from Future of Forestry. They get in tonight. I'm working on the next naugblog post. stay tuned and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete